The United Nations System in the Kingdom of Lesotho collaborates with the Government of Lesotho and its citizens. This collaboration is fully aligned with Lesotho’s Vision 2020 and the National Strategic Development Plan (NSDP: 2013-2017) through the Lesotho United Nations Development Assistance Plan (LUNDAP: 2013-2017) and on the basis of principles of Delivering as One and those of transparency, coherence, accountability, integrity and inclusive participation. This collaboration has an objective to reduce poverty, achieve social, economic, political and cultural equitable growth and guarantee the enjoyment of human rights, as well as provide humanitarian aid to those in need. To achieve this, the UN also works with other cooperating partners, other national governments, civil society and the private sector.
Key Strategic Documents
- Common Country Assessment (final draft)
- Lesotho UN Development Assistance Plan (2013-2017)
- High-Level Round Table Briefing Package (July 2017)
- High-Level Round Table Outcome Statement (July, 2017)
- LUNDAP Mid-Term Report (2013-2015)
- LUNDAP External Evaluation Report (2013-2016)